RACGP Standards + GuidesAccreditation guidelines and handy resources
Standards for general practices
All Australian general practices, after hours services, medical deputising services and Aboriginal health services must meet the RACGP Standards for general practices to achieve accreditation.
There are also companion guides and associated resources that provide additional guidelines and information for practices undertaking, or considering, accreditation and quality assurance activities.
RACGP Standards and companion guides
The newly released 5th edition Standards and companion guides are now available to download from our website.
- The RACGP Definition of General Practice Factsheet
- The RACGP Standards for general practices (5th edition) – Updated March 2020
- Changes to the RACGP Standards of General Practice (5th Edition) Factsheet Jan 2019
- The RACGP Standards for after-hours and medical deputising services (5th edition)
- The RACGP Factsheet – Definition of a clinical team for the purposes of accreditation
- The RACGP Patient Feedback Guide
- The Australian Open Disclosure Framework
- RACGP Standards for general practices (5th edition) Frequently asked questions
- The RACGP Infection prevention and control standards
- The RACGP Information Security in General Practice
- The RACGP Privacy and Managing Health Information in General Practice
Emergency response planning
For the purpose of developing an emergency response tool for your practice, encompassing both contingency plans and business continuity plans, you may consider using the RACGP Emergency Response Planning Tool (ERPT). You can register your practice for access, or sign in if you are already using the tool. For more information, there is an Emergency Response Planning Tool ERPT information sheet available for your review.
Associated guidelines and resources
- Approved Medical Deputising Service Program Guidelines 1 August 2020
- AMDS Program Guidelines – Questions and Answers 1 August 2020
- AMDS Program – Summary of Changes 1 August 2020
- The Department of Health National Vaccine Storage Guidelines – Strive for 5 -3rd edition
- Advisory – GP18-02 Transferring accreditation between accrediting agencies – February 2020
Terms and conditions
Access the current version of our Terms and Conditions of Accreditation:
For information on Impartiality, please refer to our Accreditation and Certification Impartiality Policy: